Basic investigative skills for local government
Basic investigative skills for local government [PDF, 5.2 MB]
The aim of this publication is to provide council enforcement officers with generic investigative skills. The guideline also supports the national compliance qualification project.
Topics covered include:
- enforcement and investigative concepts
- the law of evidence
- record keeping and file maintenance
- scene attendance - practical
- scene attendance - legal / investigative
- exhibit handling
- interviews and statements
- enforcement options
- the court process.