Broadscale flood hazard information
Waikato Regional Council holds broadscale 1:50 000 flood hazard maps for the Waikato Region. These maps provide an overview of the flood hazards associated with many water bodies and may be useful for identifying potential flooding issues that require further discussion and investigation.
When using broad scale information, it is important to understand the associated limitations:
- The accuracy of the information makes it unsuitable for determining detailed flood hazard information for a specific site (e.g. extent of inundation or design flood levels).
- The information does not consistently represent a particular design flood event (e.g. an event with a 1 % AEP).
- The information does not cover all waterways in the Waikato Region, therefore the presence of a flood hazard zone does not guarantee the existence of such a hazard, nor does the lack of information preclude the existence of a hazard or risk.
- The information is not suitable for land-use planning processes, other than identifying potential flooding issues that may require further discussion and investigation.
- The information does not replace detailed flood hazard information.
Please contact Waikato Regional Council if you would like to find out if your property is within or adjacent to a broad scale flood hazard area.
1:50 000 Broadscale Flood Hazard maps
The 1:50 000 broadscale flood hazard maps available below show the broadscale information for some settlements in PDF format. It should be noted that there are more areas which are covered by broadscale flood hazards which are not included below. Please contact Waikato Regional Council to fond out more specific information relating to your property by calling 0800 800 401.
Hamilton South and East
Kuratau and Whareroa
Mercer and Pokeno
Rangiriri and Te Kauwhata