Contact the Maritime Services team
About Maritime Services
Waikato Regional Council's Maritime Services team aims to enhance the safety of boaties (including kayakers and other vessels users) using the Waikato region's coastal and inland waterways.
We develop policy such as the navigation safety bylaw. We also provide operational and education services through our local harbourmasters, who promote boating best practice and enforce the safe use of the region's waterways.
Our harbourmasters promote the safe and navigable use of the Waikato region's waterways by:
- regular waterway patrols
- removal of navigation hazards such as large logs and drifting vessels
- maintenance of navigation aids and markers such as buoys, beacons and lights, within harbour limits
- disposal of wrecks and derelict vessels
- ensuring compliance with the Navigation Safety Bylaw through education and enforcement
- maritime signage at boat ramps.
You can either phone Waikato Regional Council's freephone on 0800 800 401, or you can contact a harbourmaster directly.
Use the map and table below to find out details about the local harbourmaster. (Note that harbourmaster services for Lake Taupō (Lake Taupō to Huka Falls) are provided by the Department of Internal affairs. For further information contact the Taupō Harbourmaster at email@example.com or phone 07 378 7176.)
027 480 9767
027 476 2651
021 594 563
|Lake Karapiro to Port Waikato; West Coast - Raglan||
021 705 642
|Inland - Lake Arapuni to Aratiatia; West Coast - Kawhia to Mokau||
027 677 2107
|Lake Taupō - Department of Internal Affairs||
Phone: (07) 378 7176
|Tahaora||0800 800 401