Waikato River water quality monitoring programme: data report 2017
Report: TR 2018/24
Author: Asaeli Tulagi
About this report
To effectively manage water quality, the Waikato River monitoring programme addresses the
1. What is the quality of the water now?
2. Why is the water of the observed level of quality?
3. Is water quality getting better or worse? If so - what makes it change?
4. How can we improve the quality, ecological health and integrity of the Waikato River?
The report provides information on:
Routine monthly monitoring of water quality at 10 sites:
• Year 2017 summary data tabulated by parameter for each location and reported with
the median of the previous 5 years.
• Key parameter graphs showing the average water quality for 2017 at each location,
compared to results of the previous 5 years.
• Summary tables identifying the number of samples meeting ‘satisfactory’ and
‘excellent’ water quality standards and guidelines.
• Raw data for 2017.
Waikato River water quality monitoring programme: [PDF, 949 KB] Data report 2017
|1.3||Water quality guidelines and standards|
|2||The Waikato River monitoring programme design|
|2.3||Water quality parameters|
|2.4||Quality control, data storage and analysis|
|3.1||Waikato River monitoring programme|
|Routine water quality monitoring|
|Key Parameter graphs|
|Comparison with water quality standards|
|Raw data 6|