Sustainabiz is looking for 10 businesses to take part in a subsidised programme to put them at the forefront of sustainable business practice in the Waikato region.Ideally, the businesses will have between 10 and 50 full time employees and an annual turnover of at least $1m.
Applications for the 12 month ‘Adding sustainable value’ programme close on Wednesday, 27 April. Sustainabiz is subsidising the programme, reducing the cost from $3000 to $750.
The core component of the programme will be delivered by Natural Step, an international award-winning non-profit organisation established in 1989 to accelerate progress towards global sustainability.
Sustainabiz coordinator Barnaby Smith said the programme could open up new commercial opportunities to participating businesses.
“Adopting a strategic and innovative response to sustainability can drive competitive advantage. It also reduces costs, while also benefiting people and the environment,” Mr Smith said.
The programme runs from May 2011 to April 2012, and includes:
- four day-long workshops in Hamilton delivered by the Natural Step’s accredited team of advisors
- opportunities for mentoring and coaching between workshops
- a Certificate in Sustainable Practice, a recognised qualification from Otago Polytechnic, for one participating staff member
- a strategic business plan and action plan for your business that enables proactive integration of sustainable practices that will drive future value in your business. The plan will include:
- a clear and practical vision for the longer-term future of your business that aligns with best practices
- prioritised strategies to implement key initiatives to achieve the vision
- KPIs and SMART targets which can be monitored to show success over time
- identification and implementation of a flagship project, such as a sustainable procurement policy, an energy audit, a sustainability impacts assessment, or a sustainable supplier request for proposal package.
More information on the programme and an online application form are available at www.sustainabiz.co.nz/news.
Sustainabiz is a not-for-profit sustainable business support programme funded by the Waikato Regional Council and local councils. For more information, visit www.sustainabiz.co.nz.