Tuia mentoring programme
Who are we looking for?
Rangatahi Māori (18-25 yrs) from the Waikato Region who are actively contributing to the wellbeing of their community at some level, and have the potential to be a leader in their community.
You must be supported by your community (whether it is iwi/hapū/marae/whānau or Māori community based organisations).
What does TUIA programme involves committing to:
- Attending 5 weekend rangatahi wānanga held on marae around the country.
- Monthly ‘one to one’ mentoring meetings with WRC Chair Alan Livingston / Deputy chair Tipa Mahuta and other opportunities.
- Engaging in, or developing a community service project in their own communities.
How can you apply?
We want you to create a 2 minute video that details:
- Your name and brief self-introduction.
- The name and contact details of the community (whānau, marae, hapū, iwi etc.) that have agreed to support you.
- That you are able to commit to the programme for 12 months.
- The reasons why you should be selected to the Tuia mentoring programme.
It’s easy to send us your video.
Simply access Facebook Messenger on your computer or phone and search for Waikato Regional Council to start a new conversation. Send us the video, along with your contact details and the contact details of the community which is supporting your nomination.
Please keep your video shorter than two minutes. Any videos longer than this will not be accepted.