Regional river level and rainfall situation report
|Date/time: 23 July 2013, 3.00pm
|Issued by: Regional Hazards Advisor
The Waikato region had light rain and drizzle over the past 7 days with rainfall accumulations of between 3mm and 10mm.
The river levels are normal
The weather outlook for the next 7 days is cloud with some showers by mid week. Fine periods should develop by Thursday and through the weekend.
The Regions catchments are dry to damp. APIs are within the normal range throughout the region.
Waikato Regional Council emergency management
If you have any flooding related enquires, please contact the duty Emergency Management Officer on (027) 499 2120 or email@example.com.
Waikato regional civil defence
Civil defence issues in the Waikato region are managed by the Waikato Civil Defence and Emergency Management (CDEM) Group.
All civil defence issues should be forwarded to your local district or city council. Alternatively, a range of civil defence contacts are provided on the Waikato CDEM Group's website.
There is a variety of information available from both the Waikato Regional Council and other agencies to help to keep the community informed about rainfall and river conditions in the Waikato region.
Some useful links to this information:
- Rainfall and river level information collected by the Waikato Regional Council are published on our website and are also available through our 0832 Infolines.
- Lake level information for the Waikato River hydro-electric scheme (including Lake Taupo) is available from Mighty River Power.
- Rainfall, lake and river level information for the Tongariro Power Scheme is available from Genesis Energy.
- Current weather conditions, weather forecasts and severe weather bulletins are available from the MetService.
- Tidal forecasts are available from NIWA.
- Civil defence information is available from the Waikato CDEM Group or the Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management.
- Information on other geological hazards (e.g. earthquakes, volcanos, landslides and tsunamis) is available from Geonet.