3.5.13 Environmental Results Anticipated
- A reduction in the number of treated effluent discharges to surface waters and an increase in those utilising land-based treatment systems.
- Improved water quality as a result of reduced point source discharges to surface waters.
- More recycling of effluent and minimisation of farm nutrient loss.
- Avoidance of contamination of ground water by on-site sewage discharges in new areas.
- Reduced incidence of ‘public health’ issues associated with on-site sewage disposal.
- Uses and values identified by the Water Management Classes protected.
- The quality of stormwater discharges improved.
- A trend toward land-based disposal of stormwater.